Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Veggie Pot Pie

Before going vegan I would eat chicken pot pie at least once a month; it was one of my favorite foods. It hit me this week that I could totally make it without the chicken- so I did! I'm not sure why it took me almost two years to figure it out, but I will say I won't let that happen again . Here is what you need: 
2 pre-made crusts ( be careful to check for animal products when buying I didn't see any in the Publix brand. 
1/2 bag of frozen peas and carrots
1 onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup of tofu 
1/8 cup of non-dairy milk
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 Tbs diced garlic 
1-2 potatoes, diced and cooked ( can used can potatoes in a hurry)
1-2 veggie bouillon 

In a blender puree the tofu and non-dairy milk. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and pre-bake your bottom crust ( about 10-12 minutes)

Sautée your onion, mushrooms  and garlic in the olive oil, once onions are translucent add in the frozen veggies, tofu mixture, bouillon cubes and potatoes. Cook for a minute or two to heat through. Pour into pre-baked crust and cover with remaining crust. Poke a couple of vents into the top crust and bake until golden brown (10-12 minutes). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made pot pie months ago with leftover chicken and veggies from a roasted chicken, all I can say is wow roast some sweet potatoes, white potatoes, zucchini and onion put it in a potpie it will change your life!

    ReplyDelete