Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Bacun, Spinach and Tomato Tofu Scramble

Ok so I admit I added a few more veggies to the scramble than just spinach and tomato, but I was going for a BLT kinda scramble. Here is what you need:

a handful of spinach, chopped
2 mushrooms, sliced
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/8 cup diced red onion
3-4 pieces of tofu bacon
a small piece of bell pepper, diced
1/2 block of tofu ( I used extra firm, refrigerated tofu)
1/2 Tbs soy milk powder  plus 4 Tbs of water (I was out of soymilk, you could just use 4Tbs of your favorite non-dairy milk)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes

I placed the tofu, soymilk powder, water, and nutritional  yeast flakes in a small food chopper to blend. If you like a chunkier scramble you could just mash your tofu with a fork and leave out the milk, but please don't leave out the nutritional yeast. Mix all the rest of the ingredients together and add to the tofu mixture. Add to a heated and oiled skillet and cook until brown on one side, about 5-6 minutes, before stirring up. Continue cooking until at least half of the tofu is browned. Serve immediately. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment