Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Quinoa salad

I made this salad for a branch dinner on the grounds a few months ago and didn't realize that I never posted it. I know it has been a while since I posted and honestly it didn't feel like almost a year to me. I started substitute teaching last year and while I loved it- I have never had a job without a regular schedule. I worked a lot of days (more than most I'm told). Some day's I knew in advance if I was working and where, but there were more days than I would have liked I got a call the morning of to tell me which school I would be working at. It was an interesting school year. I worked at 6 different schools in my county throughout the school year and also managed to get an afterschool job 2 days a week, where I actually got paid to teach students how to play soccer. It was a blast! Ok enough about me -  Here's the recipe:
                                                   
Ingredients
1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
1/2 pound asparagus (raw)
1 ear of corn (kernels cut off, but not cooked)
1/2 onion
1/2 lb of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1/4 cup lime olive oil (I got mine at the Olive Oil Store)
1/4 cup grapefruit vinegar (I got mine at the Olive Oil Store)
 
Whisk oil and vinegar together to make a dressing.  Mix all the other ingredients together in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Mix well and serve immediately or refrigerate overnight before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment